|Organization:||National Association of Business Women of Tajikistan (NABWT)|
|Qurghonteppa city, Khatlon Province
|Closing date:||February,23, 2018|
ABOUT THE PROJECT
NABWT is embarking on a 4-year project based in Qurghontebbe and 12 districts in Khatlon province to develop the horticultural subsector and the value chain linking farmers to more lucrative markets. The goal of the project is to increase the agricultural productivity of rural women and their families, and build the capacity of private sector organizations, actors and support services to provide better access to markets for produce. Through this project, NABWT will work to facilitate linkages to quality input supplies, support services including finance, and markets, as well as the delivery of suitable training in production, post-harvest handling, basic business management, and market access. NABWT is a Tajik organization that works to economically empower women to reach their potential.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a key member of the value chain development department, the Agronomist builds the capacity of the staff in horticulture, monitoring, planning and report writing. The Agronomist provides appropriate support to Lead Farmers and any agri-extensionists hired by the project. He/she also works closely with the Manager of Value Chain Department, providing technical support in inputs (the types and quantity of inputs), financial services (the types, quantity and costs of inputs) and marketing (time of harvest).
- Assist in evaluating and designing educational material for non-literate clients on (a) basic horticultural practices and skills training
- Assist in planning and coordinating logistics for training events and trade shows;
- Communicate regularly with Lead Farmers and key value chain partners to track progress of production – quantity and quality of yields;
- Coordinate with the value chain team on training initiatives to bring appropriate agricultural best practice technologies, best available input supplies, crop maintenance techniques, etc. to rural families in Khatlon Province;
- Assist the VC Development Manager in working with (a) private sector companies on improved customer service and upgrading of supply inventory, (b) entrepreneurs to develop viable proposals on post harvest storage or processing proposals, and (c) Lead Farmers to build the capacity of women-farmers interested in pursuing culturally appropriate value chain roles;
- Demonstrate in all activities the ability to work respectfully with different cultures and both men and women, initiative, problem-solving ability, and the capacity to work efficiently.
- A degree in agronomy;
- A minimum of three years in farming/agribusiness, value or supply chain development, and/or horticulture marketing strategies;
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with both men and women.
Supervisor: Value Chain team leader, NABWT WEEP
Contact: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com cc to firstname.lastname@example.org by February, 23, 2018.